Operator and Driver Support Services Ltd – Terms and Conditions including Cancellation Policy
General Terms of Business
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that an Order Number with instructions is issued by email, it is required by the customer to be included in any future invoices or correspondence for services provided by Operator and Driver Support Services. Where a verbal order has been accepted by Operator and Driver Support Services it will be deemed that the standard Terms & Conditions apply for the service being provided without variation at a later date, unless agreed in writing by Operator and Driver Support Services as a variation to contract.
- Payment of all course fees must be made prior to the commencement of the course unless other arrangements have been mutually agreed with Operator and Driver Support Services. Where a customer has paid a deposit, the full balance is due payable 10 working days prior to the course commencing. Unless other arrangements have been made, failure to pay the balance could result in the course being cancelled and the full charges being incurred.
- Any variation to the joining instructions, course dates, time of attendance etc, made by Operator and Driver Support Services will be notified to the customer. Operator and Driver Support Services will make every effort to ensure the original instructions are complied with. In the event of course / delegate cancellation made by Operator and Driver Support Services every endeavour will be made for the delegate to attend the next available course. All incidents and actions including any money refunds are dealt with promptly and fairly in compliance with the Company’s quality processes.
- Any delegates attending Operator and Driver Support Services premises or training locations including vehicles are required to adhere to any notices or instructions given to them by Operator and Driver Support Services staff. Operator and Driver Support Services does not accept any responsibility for personal belongings or vehicle left on the premises.
- Unless specified arrangements are made for course refreshments by Operator and Driver Support Services, refreshments during the course will be delegate’s responsibility.
- If lunch is included in an Operator and Driver Support Services training session, unfortunately we are unable to cater for special dietary requirements, if you suffer from any food allergies or specific dietary needs we kindly suggest you bring your own food to avoid any issues.
- Where external examinations are involved and the delegate for enrolment has supplied details, Operator and Driver Support Services cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy if a dispute should arise with the examinations body.
- It is important that adequate provision is made to ensure that drivers attending courses are able to comply with the rest requirements laid down in the Driver Hours Regulation.
- Special needs, the Company will endeavour to provide training wherever and whenever practical to do so having first accessed the applicant’s capability to receive instruction which does not compromise the Health & Safety of its workforce, the general public and the individual themselves. For a person who falls into the category of requiring special needs, the Company’s normal standard tariff quoted in its Course Guide does not apply and each request will be priced on an individual basis and subject to whatever is recommended at time against the need. The Company retains the right to refuse to train any person who in its professional belief will not be able to reach the required standards of that prescribed by either the HSE, DVSA or other applicable Regulatory or Certification bodies, having firstly assessed the person
- Should the course be held at the customers own site, the room provided must be fit for purpose. All site bookings will be required to complete a facilities declaration prior to arrival. If the instructor feels that the premises are not adequate or incorrect information has been supplied, then they may cancel the course at full charge
- All required online learning must be completed prior to any classroom-based training sessions and failure to do so may result in certificate not being processed.
The above terms and conditions are binding on acceptance of the joining instructions and supersede any terms and conditions that the customer may wish to impose, no variation may be made without the specific signed agreement with the management of Operator and Driver Support Services.
- Refunds for cancellation minus any non-refundable deposits or online courses already having been accessed will be issued on a sliding scale as follows (unless otherwise agreed):
- Cancellation within 60 days of training = 100% refund Cancellation within 45 days of training = 75% refund Cancellation within 30 days of training = 50% refund Cancellation within 14 days of training = 25% refund Cancellation within 7 days of training = no refund
- If you need to cancel or reschedule to a different date, please inform us in writing (via email). We will endeavour to accommodate an alternative date and at the discretion of Operator and Driver Support Services a rescheduled date will not incur a penalty or fee.
If a refund is payable to a customer for any reason it will be completed within fourteen days of becoming due. This will be calculated after any cancellation costs have been deducted.
Driver Periodic CPC Training
- Operator and Driver Support Services is an accredited centre AC02428, whose courses are approved by JAUPT (Joint Approvals Unit Periodic Training) in order to deliver Driver Periodic CPC training that meet the legal requirements.
- A training day is a minimum of 7 hours, it is a requirement of the training that the course start is punctual, that the course complies with the syllabus approved by JAUPT, that the trainee is in attendance for a minimum of 7 hours in accordance with the course timetable. Failure on the part of the trainee to fulfil this requirement may mean they are refused entry to the course and will be deemed to have cancelled the course forfeiting the course fees.
- At Operator and Driver Support Services we value the Driver CPC programme and encourage drivers and transport managers to ensure training is managed proactively. You are no longer allowed to duplicate Driver CPC courses unnecessarily. To do so we need a specific reason why this is the case. Therefore, if you are duplicating your training by attending this course, please let us know as soon as possible to enable us to amend your booking.
Unless an account facility has been pre-arranged and fully cleared, all training must be paid for prior to the course starting. Any extra training booked during a course must be paid for before the test date.
- No allowance can be made for non-attendance of a trainee booked on a course (please refer to cancellation policy above). Any deposits paid are non-refundable. However, in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of management, all or part of any monies paid (excluding Test Fees) may be transferable to an alternative training date. Customers are advised that when returning a cancellation notice that they email with the detail and proof is required in the event of non-delivery. Failure to be able prove email delivery within the prescribed timescale above, may result in a charge for all or part of the course being made dependent upon all or part of the cancelled course being sold.
- If our instructor attends your premises to conduct a booked course but is unable to do so due to lack of facilities or any other failure, which is the customer’s responsibility, fees will be payable in full.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the person attending a Driver CPC course produces their valid Driver Qualification card or driving licence, on the day of their course. If the information provided proves to be incorrect, the correct information must be provided to Operator and Driver Support Services within three working days of the course having taken place to allow the information to be uploaded to the central database. Failure to provide the correct Driver Licence details will mean the course attended will not be allowed and will have to be attended again to gain accreditation and will incur additional fees.
- Every effort will be made to ensure a course goes ahead according to plan, however it maybe that a course has to be cancelled at very short notice, such as due to adverse weather, instructor illness, low course bookings, change of venue or any other unforeseen circumstance.
- Under these circumstances every effort will be made to firstly advise the course delegate giving as much notice as practically possible as to any change in the booking arrangement. In the case of the cancellation being no fault of the delegate, a new course will be offered, or a refund of any course fee paid.
Health and Safety
- Operator and Driver Support Services is committed to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees, all learners, contractors, and other persons who may be affected by its operation, as outlined in this document and in accordance with current legislation, safe learner, and safeguarding principles.
- The policy will be applied equally and fairly without exception.
- Operator and Driver Support Services will achieve this by providing and maintaining places of work, learning environments and work equipment which are safe and free from risks to health. Operator and Driver Support Services is committed to provide suitable arrangements for the welfare of employees, learners, and contractors. All necessary information, training and supervision will be provided to ensure implementation of this policy.
- Management, Employees and Operator and Driver Support Services members will do all that is reasonably practicable to avoid and/or reduce health and safety risks.
RESPONSIBLE PERSONS OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY Mr James Elms Position: Managing Director