As a visitor to our website, we want you to know what information we are able to see, if we store it, and if we do, how it is stored and your rights!
Operator and Driver Support Services is committed to protecting the privacy of the data we hold about you,
This policy is to demonstrate to our customers and website users our firm commitment to the privacy of personal data and compliance with the current data protection laws in Europe.
This policy is applicable to Operator and Driver Support Services Ltd, herein referred to as Operator and Driver Support Services.
You should review this page on a regular basis so that you understand the latest version of what we do and how we process your personal data. Your continued use of our website following the making of changes to these terms means that you consent to those changes.
WHO ARE WE?
Operator and Driver Support Services is the trading name of Operator and Driver Support Services Ltd and we are the data controller for your personal data held by us. We are a company Registered in England and Wales 12917150 Registered Office 287 Warrington Road, Abram, Wigan, WN2 5RQ.
We can be contacted at [email protected]
Operator and Driver Support Services is committed to protecting any personal information that you provide to us, and it is important that you know how we treat the information about you that we receive from this website.
Operator and Driver Support Services Ltd – 287 Warrington Road, Abram,Wigan,WN2 5RQ
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you use the Operator and Driver Support Services website, we collect certain personally- identifiable information, this will depend on what part of the website you are using for example:
- When you make a purchase, we will collect personal information such as your email address, name and address and payment details.
- If you register for Operator and Driver Support Services Updates, we will collect your email address and use this to notify you of new products, special offers and relevant service information. You can opt out at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found at the bottom of our marketing emails.
- We use marketing data which is obtained through your interactions with our website and communication such as email where we collect information such as whether you open the email or click links.
- Should you purchase an item online we will use the website to collect personal information such as your email address, name and address, details of the item purchased, and any instructions you give us.
- Should we operate a loyalty scheme or referral scheme we may request additional information such as your address and contact details, details of your occupation, date of birth, etc.
- When taking part in any competitions, prize draws or surveys that have been created by Operator and Driver Support Services, we may collect your name, email address and mailing address, and the answers to all questions that we have asked. If you win the competition or prize draw, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email or telephone unless we state otherwise. When you enter the competition or prize draw, you are also offered the option to be included in our marketing email list to receive details of promotions, new products, and new additions to the website, unless stated otherwise on the competition page. You may unsubscribe from Operator and Driver Support Services emails or newsletters by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email that you receive.
- In the event that you do not register or buy on Operator and Driver Support Services website, we and our third-party partners who provide advertisements and content may collect information, for example where you are on the internet (e.g. the website address you came from, IP address, domain types) and technical information such as your browser type and the pages of the Operator and Driver Support Services website that you viewed during your visit.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION??
All of the personal information that we collect will be stored on our secure servers and treated as completely confidential. Your data is used for a variety of reasons such as:
- Using your personal details to process your order or provide order status updates, and to respond to your customer service queries.
- We use this information to help us with the general running of the website, make improvements, fix technical issues, personalise your experience based on your hobbies and interests, and to speed up future visits such as log in and saved items in the basket.
- We may use this information to provide content or advertising to you on Operator and Driver Support Services ’s website and third-party websites with the aim of providing a more personalised experience based on your preferences and browsing history.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop our website, or help us to provide the products available on our website. If so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose. This includes reputable banking institutions where information imperative to verify and authorise your payment for purchases made on this website, and distribution institutions that need information to process and deliver your order. These organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private and will only ever use your information for the above purposes.
- We may also use this information for market research, analysis and developing statistics to get an understanding of business performance and our customer profile to see how we can better serve our customers and improve business performance.
- We may use information for the management and auditing of our business operations including accounting.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are obliged to do so.
- Your rights to information are listed later in this policy.
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Operator and Driver Support Services when buying from us or using our website. However, if you do not provide the information, it may limit us, and we may be unable to serve you to the best of our ability.
HOW WE APPROACH DATA SECURITY?
Operator and Driver Support Services respects the privacy of its customers’ personal data and is committed to complying with all applicable laws relating to the protection of personal data. All of the personal information that we collect will be stored on secure servers and treated as completely confidential.
To prevent unauthorised access to your data, we follow the appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have given to us. We also ensure that our service providers and support services, applications and other platforms comply too.
You can help preserve your privacy by ensuring that your password that you use to access password protect areas contains a mixture of lower and upper case letters, along with numbers and special characters (*&^%). You should never share your password with anyone else, and always log out of your account if you are using a public computer.
We only accept transactions through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, so that your order is processed on a secure connection. Credit card details are processed through our merchant service providers who use the highest of security protocols, where your credit card information is encrypted so that it remains protected and private as it is processed through the internet.
We do not have any routine access or oversight to ANY of your card details or information.
WHY IS THE DATA COLLECTED?
We collect your personal data in order to provide access to our products and services and integrate our products more closely with your needs.
The primary legal basis for processing your personal data is contractual, to allow us to prepare for and carry out and administer the contracts and business transactions agreed between you and Operator and Driver Support Services.
In addition, we may also process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in carrying out marketing activities and developing new products or services. However, we will only send you marketing communications if you have told us you consent to do so.
By using Operator and Driver Support Services ’s website, you acknowledge and agree that:
- If you do not want us to use your personal data for marketing purposes, please ensure that you untick/tick the relevant boxes situated in the account creation and purchasing process. If at any time you have given permission for us to use your data for marketing purposes and you would like to revoke this permission, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any Operator and Driver Support Services marketing emails, or by contacting us through the contact information shown above.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Unless we advise otherwise, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- A reasonable business need exists such as managing our relationship with you, managing our operations and performing analysis and auditory tasks.
- We continue to provide purchased goods or services to you such as our newsletter or loyalty program unless we are instructed otherwise by you.
Our data retention periods are normally six years which we consider to be in line with legal and regulatory requirements/guidance. After this time your data will be erased beyond recovery. The six year retention period is refreshed on each occasion you conduct a business activity with us. A business activity consists of but is not limited to– an email, telephone call, social media message, letter or purchase from you.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
All individuals have rights under the data protection laws, some of which do not apply in all cases. Should you wish to exercise these rights, we will explain after the point of contact on whether they can be used or not, or you may seek professional advice.
As an individual you have:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data
protection laws: https://ico.org.uk. You can contact us using the details below.
HOW DO I OPT OUT?
We provide users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving unsolicited communications from us. Users can use the “unsubscribe” option on any email you receive from Operator and Driver Support Services or email us on the “contact” form on any webpage. You can also write to us at our address shown in this policy.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Operator and Driver Support Services occasionally provides links to third party sites that will connect users to external websites operated by third parties.
Our website, like most, uses a number of cookies to improve our service for users of our website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They are provided by Google Analytics and allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. This data about your website use is not shared by Operator and Driver Support Services with any third parties.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website (including your IP address) may be transferred to and stored by Google Analytics on servers in the UK or USA, under secure conditions. Visit Google Policies for more information.
HOW DO I GET IN CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE AND STATUS OF THIS POLICY?
- General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679 EU)
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy of Electronic Communications Regulations
As a reminder, we may change this notice and policy from time to time by posting the changed version on our website. You are advised to look at the policy periodically to check for changes and updates.
This policy does not create a legally binding contract or any obligations on us which are additional to our obligations under the current data protection legislation. This Policy was implemented at the launch of this website on 01st December 2022. Please also see other relevant policies: Terms and Conditions