Operators licence Application & Training

Operator and Driver Support Services can assist you with all aspects of the process from advice about financial standing, operating centres, the standards required for professional competence and the type of licence appropriate to your operation

You need a licence if you use a goods vehicle to carry goods for hire and reward or in connection with a trade or business if your vehicle exceeds:

  • 3,500 kilograms gross plated weight
  • or where, there is no plated weight, it has an unladen weight of more than 1525 kg

If the motor vehicle and trailer combination exceed 3500kgs MAM or the total ULW is more than 1525KG you may need a licence.

Which licence do you need? This will depend on what you do.

Operator Licence – 3 main types

  • Restricted licences
  • Standard National
  • Standard International

Let us help you get it right first time

If you would like to discuss what Operator and Driver Support Services can do to support your road transport business, contact us today.

[email protected]